Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Hot Diggity Dog!


I'm extremely excited to be joining the Rubbernecker Design Team. My dachshund, Sloopy, insisted that this dachshund image be the first image I use for my first official creation. How could I resist and argue with her?

Both the dog and the sentiment are from the new animals collection at Rubbernecker Stamps. I stamped the dachshund onto X-Press It cardstock with Marvy black dye and colored with Copic markers. I then cut the image out and set it aside. Using a Nestabilities circle die, I made a circle and proceeded to create a scene of clouds and grass, sponging on the following dye inks: SeaShells Cloudy blue, Whispers Savoy Green and Adirondack Oregano. I paper pierced around the circle and placed the dachshund and bone charm onto the scene. I cut another circle with a Nestabilities die, to frame the circle.

Patterned paper from Front Porch by Traci Sims, Lasting Impressions and an unknown source (sorry, it was a scrap), help create the layers to the card, along with brown and kraft cardstock. The paper from Front Porch was dry embossed with a Cuttlebug folder. More paper piercing around the layers occurred. A corner punch was used to round two of the corners. A ribbon and a dog paw brad complete the card.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today, and letting me share my news. And, thanks to Rubbernecker Stamps for giving me this wonderful honor.

2 comments:

Jenny Gropp said...

WoooHoooo! Congrats Kecia!!! Well deserved and you have got some really great and talented folks on the team!!! Have fun!
Adorable little card with that tiny little bone.... the perfect touch! And the cloud background is outstanding!!!

C said...

Happy to be on team with you! Just got my stamps so hope to play this weekend.! Cute pooch!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...