Thursday, June 30, 2011

Fishing Funnies



Are you familiar with the Old Characters line of images and sentiments from Rubbernecker Stamps? They are a hoot! When I first saw them, I laughed out loud at each and every one of them. They are too funny.

The image on this card is "Ralph Fishing" and I teamed it up with the sentiment "Fishes". I stamped Ralph onto Neenah Solar Crest white cardstock using Marvy black dye ink. I colored him with Copic markers. I then created a mask for Ralph, using a Post-It note, and proceeded to create a scene through sponging. The colors of dye ink I used in the bright morning sky are: SeaShells Conch Shell, Adirondack Sunshine Yellow, and Adirondack Sunset Orange. The water was then created using Copic markers and a white gel pen. I attempted to draw in Ralph's reflection using Copics, and sponged some Sunshine Yellow for the sun's reflection.

I framed the image panel and a layer of patterned paper from Hot of The Press with black cardstock. I then mounted the card onto a piece of kraft. Three small black brads, and a tag cut from kraft and tied with baker's twine for the sentiment, complete the card.

I have some more Old Characters from Rubbernecker to share with you during the next couple of months, so check back for some laughs.

Thanks you so much for visiting my blog today. Have a fun, safe weekend.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...