Sunday, May 1, 2011

Treasured Friend


Ahoy, Matey!

I found some time to participate in one of the Virtual Stamp Night mini-challenges on Splitcoast, Pretty Polly, which was to create a card using a parrot's colors...green, orange and yellow.

I immediately thought of a set I have from Starving Artiststamps called Doodle Factory Tropics, which includes the image of a pirate parrot. Using Marvy black dye ink, I stamped the parrot and the treasure chest of gold onto Neenah solar white cardstock. I colored these images with Copic markers and a atyouSpica glitter lemon marker. I cut close around these images, leaving just a small border of white, using my Cutter-bee detail scissors.

I then stamped a Darcie treasure map using Versafine Onyx Black pigment ink onto a scrap piece of Lasting Impressions cardstock. I sponged around the edge of the map with Distress Ink Walnut Stain and adhered to black cardstock. I arranged the parrot and gold onto the card.

The sentiment is computer-generated and is affixed to the card with a rhinestone brad.

Gotta tell you a pirate riddle I found on the internet that cracked me up as I was making this card:

What is a pirate's favorite restaurant? Arrrrrby's! (Yes, I know, my sense of humor is a bit warped.)

I had a lot of fun making this card. I need to ink some of the other stamps in this set. They are so fabulous and fun to color.

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Have a terrific week ahead!

1 comment:

Miranda said...

ahoy Kecia, cool card, fantastic love the map on the background
hugs
Miranda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...