Saturday, July 24, 2010

Tulips Triptych


When I took a look at today's Inspiration Challenge #242 on SCS, I was immediately drawn to the bright, warm background colors of this Tulips Triptych seen on the Novica site. I thought through sponging and with a tulip image from Hero Arts, I could somewhat capture the beauty.

I sponged panels with the following dye inks: Distress Ink fire brick, Distress Ink mustard seed, and Adirondack Butterscotch. I then stamped the solid tulip image with Adirondack Lettuce dye ink and Distress Ink fire brick, Distress Ink mustard seed, Marvy dye violet, and Whispers Whisper pink dye ink. I then did some shading and added some additional color to these stamped tulips with color pencils. I cut the tulips out and arranged onto the sponged panels. Other cardstock panels were also used to complete this card.

Like I said above, this creation was inspired by IC242, but also meets the requirements of some Dare to Get Dirty 2010 challenges, including DTGD10melmel and DTGD10kmahany.

Okay, now back to doing things I should be doing.

1 comment:

JenMarie said...

This is beautiful!
You have a great blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...