Saturday, July 17, 2010

My Greatest Catch

I'm getting rather excited because soon I'll be getting married to my "greatest catch". Thought I'd make him a card today, rather than do the 1000's of things I should be doing in preparation for the wedding.

The inspiration for the card came from SCS's "Dare to Get Dirty" challenge, DTGD10BevMom, which was to use a TV show as inspiration for a card. I thought of how much my fiancé and I like those Deadliest Catch marathons on the Discovery Channel, so I thought I'd use that particular series as my inspiration.

I made the pot first. I stamped the crab image from Stampin' Up with Marvy dye black ink onto Georgia Pacific cardstock, colored it with Copic markers and cut it out. I put it in between two small sheets of acetate that had been stamped with a background image from Judikins using Stazon. I adhered it to a metallic gray cardstock panel and used an eyelet and broken rubber band to complete the effect.

I sponged the underwater scene using various inks and torn paper as a template. Inks included SeaShells Sandal, Brilliance Pearlescent Beige Pigment, Adirondack Stonewashed dye, Vivid Burmuda Blue dye, Vivid Ultramarine Blue dye, and Marvy dye violet. A Sakura glitter pen did a little highlighting of the ocean floor, and stamps by A Stamp In Hand (kelp), Anita's (coral), and Stampotique (shells) helped decorate the ocean floor. Adirondack Lettuce dye and various Copic Markers helped add color to these images. The subtle water waves that appear in the water was made stamping a image from A Stamp In Hand with Brillance Pearlescent Moonlight White Pigment.

Heart-shaped raised stickers were used for bubbles, and the sentiment was computer-generated. The scene was placed onto metallic gray cardstock and patterned paper panels.

What a great challenge!
What an even greater catch!

1 comment:

Chris said...

the theme from SpongeBob Squarepants is playing in my head.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...