Saturday, November 28, 2009

Celebrating the 70th


No, this isn't my 70th card of the year. I sure wish I could claim that, as I would love to have that kind of output in my cardmaking.

Rather, this is the card I made to celebrate my Dad's 70th birthday. As a kid even, he insisted that I make his Father's Day and birthday cards, rather than buy them from a store. It seems like every time I make a card for my Dad, it always is very whimsical, juvenile-like, rather than masculine. Oh well, maybe that's my way of holding onto childhood and the look of those cards I made him early on in my life.

The bear image is from Darcie and was stamped with Marvy dye black ink onto coated paper. I colored the image with Copic markers. The sentiment is from Inkadinkado. Patterned paper, colored cardstock and ribbon were also used to create this card.

I'm celebrating being able to celebrate his 70th birthday. He's such a great dad.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...