Friday, January 1, 2016

Desert Sky

cactus, sponging, Kecia Waters, desert
The Buckeyes are playing in the desert today.  Here's a card to commemorate the occasion.

Interesting note....this cactus stamp is from Toybox.  It is THE FIRST rubber stamp I purchased.  It was way back in 2002, when I wanted to commemorate the Buckeyes trip to the Fiesta Bowl.  I simply stamped it in black on the back of the envelopes on my store bought cards.  Hehe.  But, as I was buying it, I signed up for a Stamping 101 class later that night.  And well, the rest is history.   (And the Buckeyes made history in that Fiesta Bowl.  National Champs!!!  I was there and it was one of the top moments in my life.  Hands down).

To make this particular card (I've come along way from stamping the back of envelopes), I sponged a variety of inks onto a piece of X-Press It cardstock.  Here they are:  Distress Ink Faded Jeans, Vivid Ultramarine, Distress Ink Fire Brick, Colorbox Cranberry, Mama Elephant Apple, Orangeade, and Sunshine.

Once I was happy with the sky, I stamped the cactus image from Toybox with Versafine Onyx Black ink, and colored with a black marker to create a silhouette.  I drew in the mountains with the same black marker along the bottom of the card.

White specks in the sky, unfortunately look like snow, but are supposed to be stars.  Made with Copic white.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  Here's to a great 2016.  Go Buckeyes!!! Beat Notre Dame!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...