Monday, February 3, 2014

Spring Has Sprung


I don't care what that Groundhog said yesterday...spring must be on its way.  No more winter, please!

I'm delighted to be joining the team at A Jillian Vance Design!  You've heard of the saying "you had me at hello"...well, AJVD had me ever since I set my eyes on my beloved "Ohio State Day Stamp Set".  

But the card I have today is all about spring.  I love tulips, and I love coloring tulips so you can image how I fell in love with this new AJVD set from Becky Schultea:






I'm really kind of nuts when it comes to coloring tulips so expect to see more cards in the future with this set.  Don't say I didn't warn you.

As for this card, I stamped the tulip image three times with Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-Press it cardstock.  I colored them with Copic markers and cut around the tulips with my detailed scissors.  I used a scrap piece of patterned paper from Bella Blvd for the ground and placed the tulips on the card front.  The sentiment and bee were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black as well.

CAS I know, but I wanted your eyes to go straight to those tulips...that do suggest spring is on the way!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...