Monday, May 6, 2013

Remembering




















It's Monday! What better way is there to make a Monday more bearable, than with a Stamp of the Week from Repeat Impressions?  This week’s SOTW is called "Garden Bench" (3420-H). The SOTW is available exclusively to Repeat Impressions blog readers at 50% OFF with the special discount code from Monday, May 6 to Sunday, May 12. To get the discount code and more information about the SOTW, please go to the Repeat Impressions blog, The House That Stamps Built.  

I rarely make sympathy cards, but when I saw "Garden Bench" it seemed rather empty and lonely.  Paired with the Repeat Impressions sentiment of "Remembering" (4022-F) I got the idea for this sympathy card.  I stamped both the image and sentiment onto Georgia Pacific cardstock with Marvy black dye ink.  I shaded around the bench with Copic makers.  I scored along the top and bottom of the cardstock and framed it with black cardstock.  The larger card panel is from The Paper Studio Patterned paper.  It too is framed with black cardstock.  Two small black brads were adhered to the card.

I added a purple awareness ribbon, often associated with pancreatic cancer.  I lost a dear friend to this in December and I miss her everyday.  As I said, I usually don't make sympathy cards, but adding that ribbon in remembrance to my friend made me glad this card went in this direction.

There are some other cards created with this week's SOTW.  Make sure you visit these Rock Stars to see how they used the image:

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today!

Oh, and before you go, mark your calendar for this:

1 comment:

joy said...

Kecia, you will never know how dear this card is to me. I lost my husband in October to complications due to pancreatic cancer. That bench now has a special meaning to me. Thank you for remembering your friend - how dear she must have been to you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...