Friday, July 13, 2012

Happy Birthday, Judy!

Happy Birthday, Judy RozemaMonica decided to surprise you with a special birthday hop in your honor!  We hope you like it! And we hope you have one of the best birthdays ever! 

And for those of you visiting my blog, you can join us in celebrating Judy's birthday.  Simply leave a comment at the end of this blog post.  Sloopy and I will then pick random winner to receive the ADORABLE Hambo digi "Bailey Cupcake" (of course, Sloopy had an influence over that choice).

To increase your chances of winning, please participate in our Birthday Hop for Judy.  EACH blog will be giving away a Hambo digi to a random commenter.  How cool is that?

And, ONE lucky person who leaves a comment at every stop along the hop, AND wishes Judy a happy birthday on the Hoedown blog will get a $15 Hambo shopping spree (for rubber OR  digital images).  All comments must be left by midnight Monday, July 16.

Here's the official order of Judy's Birthday Hop, just in case you didn't start at the beginning:

Monica

Kris

Meredith

Carolina

Kecia (you are here)


Deborah

Hambo Hoedown

Here's a little bit about my card I made for Judy:


Knowing that Judy is a music teacher, and that she likes the color pink, I thought maybe a little parade might be appropriate, complete with pink band hats! 

I decided to make an easel card using the wonderful tutorial on Splitcoast Stampers as my guide (I've never made one before!)  I stamped Hambo's "Marching Band" (4219) with Marvy black dye ink onto X-Press It cardstock panel.  I colored the birdie band with Copic markers, and using a Memento Tuxedo Black marker I drew some musical notes.  

Using patterned paper from Bo Bunny, I cut a pennant from a Nestabilities die and stamped the first part of Hambo's sentiment, one of their Fractured Funnies, "Birthday Parade" (4202) with Versafine Onyx Black onto the pennant.  I added a little Baker's Twine bow to the pennant and adhered just outside the image panel that was framed with black cardstock.


One the base panel with more patterned paper from Bo Bunny, I stamped the second portion of the Fractured Funnies "Birthday Parade" (4202).  It too was framed with black cardstock.  The largest panel of these easel card is made from Lasting Impressions patterned paper.



Judy, I thank you for your friendship and your awesome guidance as design team coordinator of the Bacon Bits. You are one of the nicest people in the stamping community that I "know".  I am inspired by your lovely creations.  I sure hope I get to meet you someday in person!  A very Happy Birthday to you!

22 comments:

Monica Hunter said...

Yes, yes - the music theme is PERFECT for Judy, and this blog hop really IS a parade of sorts! I love this Kecia!!

Judy Rozema said...

Oh, Kecia, your sweet words just made me tear up! (And that is rare!) I LOVE this Pink Parade!! Aren't Easel Cards so much fun and so easy?? Thank you so much for the surprise!!

Kaylee Snyder said...

Great card. I love the pink polka dot paper. The bright matching pink hats are so cute too.

Liz Williams said...

Who doesn't love a parade and the bands are my favorite part!! Such a cute card.

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Your birthday parade is cute, I love it Kecia & I know Judy will too!

Lyn said...

I love this card - the colors are perfect and the sentiment is precious! I think I need to look at that tutorial; I haven't made an easel card before either but now I am insprired...so thanks for that and Happy Birthday to Judy!!

Blue Kube said...

This is *ONE* of my favorite Hambo images and what a great card you've made with it! Absolutely adorable. I'm sure Judy loves it!

Ana Carolina Little said...

Kecia to tell you the truth it would be nice to have a parade on my birthday...LOL!!!. Beautiful card!!!. This group rocks at colouring...I've been saying that in every comment and you are not exception!!!

Kris Chirhart said...

Kecia, your parade for Judy is just TOO CUTE!!! I just love your coloring, and the pink/yellow combo is awesome!!!

Hey Hey Paula said...

Kecia, I love your parade for Judy. What a fun card. I love the colors & your awesome coloring too.

Lisa Lara said...

Hi Kecia girl. This is such a sweet card! I love that digi you get to give away. Bailey is so cute!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

HAHAHHAHA!!! Kecia you ROCKED this out!!! Awesome card design and that sentiment TOTALLY cracks me up!!

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Anonymous said...

Cute card! Go Bucks from one Buckeye fan to another!

Rachelle said...

love that you have the smaller fold down - - and yes, I bet we all want a parade for our birthdays.

Deborah Anton said...

Hahaha! This is perfect! I love it and the easel you made for it. This was so fun!

Charlene Mitchell said...

Super fun card for Judy's birthday! Love the cheerful, happy colours!

Anonymous said...

Oooh! I love this cute image!!

Kathy said...

I love a parade! Great idea for a birthday card.

luvmycards.blogspot.com said...

Kecia I love this pink too! The coloring is so adorable and all the little accents! Looks perfect for her! Job well done!
Carolyn

Linda W. said...

Ohh this is darling! Happy Birthday Judy - the little chicks surely will surprise you! And yes, we think Judy does need a parade!

Renee M said...

What a sweet card--looks like you got the birthday ducks all in a row! :)

Mel said...

So cute and funny too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...