Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Meet Murray



Murray just has to be good buddies with Ralph, don't you think? I think they'd get along splendidly. I'm sure they must know each other.

The image and sentiment on this card are called "Murray with Catch" and "Fishes". Both are from the 2011 Rubbernecker's Old Characters release. And, in case you are interested, so is Ralph.

I stamped Murray onto X-Press It cardstock with Marvy black dye and colored with Copic markers. I then cut around the image with my Cutter-bee scissors ever so carefully.

I cut a rectangle panel with a Nestabilities die, and sponged it with a gradient of SeaShells Cloudy Blue dye ink. Patterned paper from The Paper Studio was dry embossed with a Cuttlebug folder, and sponged with SeaShells Cloudy Blue dye ink. I framed both the rectangle and patterned paper with brown cardstock. The funny sentiment was stamped onto the patterned paper with Versafine Onyx Black ink and cut apart into segments. I adhered embroidery floss as the fishing line.

The colors for this card were inspired by the current Color Combinations #332 challenge on Splitcoast.

So glad you had a chance to catch my Murray card today. Thanks so much for visiting.

And, when you have the chance...make sure to visit the Rubbernecker Blog. There's lots of fun going on over there, every day that ends with the letter "y". ;-)

2 comments:

Lisa Lara said...

This is awesome. I love the side panel with your sponging Kecia. Wow. The twine is perfection! Funny what you said about your camera lens fogging up due to the humidity. Oh my goodness.

Judy Rozema said...

I love your background! Such a cute card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...