Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Summer Play



Just in case you weren't ready to see the Back-to-School card from yesterday, I thought I would immediately return to summer for those offended. :-)

This is actually just an example of me playing around with a different medium. For YEARS, I have had a USArtQuest Watercolor Palette (pastelles), yet have very rarely used it since my discovery of Copic markers and Prismacolor pencils. One of my future goals is to become more comfortable with the watercolor medium, and as you can see, I do have lots of room for improvement.

We were playing around at our local stamp club with paints that sparkle, such as Twinkling H20's, Pearl Ex and USArtQuest Watercolor Palettes. I stamped this beach image from Impression Obsession with Memento black dye ink onto Georgia Pacific cardstock...yes, I know, watercolor paper would have been WAY better. I then proceeded to paint the image with the USArtQuest watercolor palette. I was rather free and carefree and quick with my brushstrokes. This is my result. I'm not exactly proud of it...but I will say I think the pearlescent colors look great for sand and the sun. I will need to remember that. To me, these colors look really "beachy" and sparkle like real sand. That's what I like about it.

I then cut out the image with a Nestabilitie die and adhered to patterned paper and kraft cardstock. I used a ribbon and adhered a tag that reads "summer", which was made from my paper I used to clean my water brush and a Michael's $1 stamp.

Okay, back to Copics and color pencils, and most importantly, SUMMER!

1 comment:

askusaqsue said...

You might not be happy with it, but I think your card is charming! Watercolors are a favorite of mine, and like everything good, it just takes practice. Keep going - I can't wait to see more.
Sue
USArtQuest, Inc.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...