Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Legendary Thanks



I've been quite busy writing thank you notes to all of our wedding guests for their generosity and kindness. I would have loved to have made all of the cards myself, but there simply are not enough hours in the day. However, I did have to make one exception, and that is for my dear friends, TJ and Neil. Much to my delight and surprise, they gave us an autographed Keith Byars jersey. Keith was a favorite Ohio State running back from the 1980's that SHOULD HAVE won the Heisman, and WOULD HAVE won the Heisman, had it not been for that infamous desperation pass from Doug Flutie. Anyway, I have always stood up for Keith Byars and even named my former laptop after Keith Byars.

So, imagine my delight when I pulled out the jersey from a gift bag. I squealed! My husband was in disbelief. WE LOVE IT and plan on getting it framed to hang in our Buckeye Basement.

I would take Keith Byars as my running back over any other running back in Ohio State history. That's saying something, isn't it?

I just couldn't do a boxed thank you that would adequately express our thoughtfulness. So, I made this card to personalize the thanks for such a personalized gift. The image is a digital image from Firecracker Designs by Pamela. I printed it onto Georgia Pacific cardstock, and altered the number to #41 by drawing these digits. I colored the image, along with the PSX football with Copic markers. I utilized SCS Sketch Challenge #294 for the layout of the card. Patterned paper and colored cardstock panels were layered, and the sentiment was computer generated. The uniform, helmet and football were raised with Pop-Dots.

Thanks so much, guys!!! Love you!

And thanks to all of you for looking.

1 comment:

Stef H said...

wow! how super! and so wonderfully colored too!

hugs :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...