Saturday, November 26, 2011

Black Friday Puppy



I was delighted to have the chance to play along in this week's Free For All Challenge on Splitcoast, F4A92. The challenge was to make a winter/holiday card showcasing the color black, in honor of Black Friday. (Sorry I am a day late in posting this...and no, I wasn't out in the crowds. I had way more fun stamping).

I immediately thought of this adorable detailed stamp from Hampton Arts called "Holiday Puppy". Sadly, it had never seen ink until this card, even though it has been in my possession almost five years (I purchased it at a stamp store in Sedona, AZ - now closed).

I stamped the image with Versafine Onyx Black pigment ink onto Neenah Classic Crest Solar White cardstock. I colored the hat with Prismacolor pencils, and added Flower Soft to the furry parts of the hat as well.

I framed the white panels with black cardstock. The sentiment is computer-generated. A sheer black ribbon, and a black dog paw brad complete the card.

I'm grateful for this challenge, because this cute little puppy needed to be inked. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...