Tuesday, July 4, 2017

On Top of the World

Tiddly Inks, Kecia Waters, Copic markers, world, map
It's a Tiddly Tuesday on this Independence Day!  The challenge is to make a creation with a Tiddly Inks image that celebrates independence, empowerment and positive feelings.  You can read all about the challenge and see some awesome Design Team cards over on the Tiddly Inks Challenge Blog.  We do hope you join us!

Rather than going patriotic with my card, I decided that this Tiddly Inks image called "On Top of the World" suggested empowerment.  This would make a great graduation card, don't you think.  And here I thought I would steer clear from graduation cards for a bit.  Already one in the stash for next year.

Anyway, I printed the image onto X-Press It cardstock and colored the image with Copic markers.  I did some shading with Prismacolor pencils.  The map background is actually a background stamp from Impression Obsession.  I simply stamped it with Versafine Onyx Black and sponged some color with Distress Inks Shabby Shutters and Tumbled Glass.  The sentiment seemed perfect.  It is from Simon Says Stamps and was stamped with Versafine Onyx Black also.  A few little sequins are on the card as a finishing touch.

Nothing amazing planned for today's festivities.  That's okay.  I prefer it that way, really.  This holiday is keeping my Sloopy feeling safe from the booms.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...