Monday, February 18, 2013

Disco Fever


Two posts in one day!  FAR OUT!  

This card is just for fun.  The image is from Terry Medaris and is called "Disco Fever".  I stamped the image with Marvy black dye ink onto X-Press It cardstock.  I colored the image (and it was so fun, as are all of Terry's images) with Copic markers.  I drew in the dance floor.  I added black stars from a punch, and used a Nestabilities circle die to make the disco ball from a piece of holographic paper.  I added texture by dry embossing with a Cuttlebug folder.  To create the illusion of lights and spinning, I randomly stamped a dot stamp from Stamps by Judith with soft gray ink.

I framed the scene in black cardstock and then put it on a panel from Doodlebug Designs.


What a fun card to make. Thanks to today's CAS208 challenge and LOVEFEST2013E challenge that inspired me to make this card.

3 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

This is fabulous! So fun! I love that image and you did a wonderful job with the scene you created.

Melinda Gleissner said...

You are a rockstar when it comes to creating a scene! This is so creative and fun.

Angela said...

This takes me back to high school and college. I love this image and your card with great coloring, Kecia!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...