Tuesday, December 27, 2011

2011 Christmas Card - Peeps on Earth



It occurred to me that I never shared my official 2011 Christmas card. You know, the ones sent to friends and family. Not surprising, because Christmas came and went in a flash this year. I didn't even arrive at the design of this card until December 17. And then the massive production and assembly line took place for three days. Each and every year, I always say I'll have my design by July. Each and every year, it seems I get the design in mid-December. Oh well.

I'm pleased with this year's card, not because of the design or level of difficulty with it (it was rather simple to make)...just because I think it is funny. Just plain funny. (I know, my sense of humor could be considered a bit warped).

At the beginning of December, this was on display at my local grocery store. Unbelievable. Christmas music in the background, Christmas displays all over the place, and yet this was in front of every checkout.



A couple weeks later, I go back to this picture and bizarre sighting and behold...the 2011 Christmas card was born, along with this picture from the Peeps fan page on Facebook.



I printed the digital Peeps image called "My Peeps" from Whimsie Doodles onto X-Press It cardstock. I colored the image with Copic markers, and cut around the Peeps using my Cutter-bee scissors. I then sprayed the Peeps with Tsukineko's Sparkle Sheer Shimmer Spritz. I drew the Santa hat and placed it on one of the Peep's head.

Then I simply created the snow scene using patterned paper from The Paper Studio and torn white cardstock. I covered the white cardstock with Polar White Flower Soft.

I then attached a sheer white ribbon and bow to the card. The sentiment "Peeps on Earth" was computer-generated. A punch was used to round the bottom corners of the card.



So, all of this begs the question...what will my Easter cards look like? Halloween? LOL!

2 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

oh my...very clever Kecia!

Kathie said...

I love this card! My eldest daughter loves peeps and this would be a perfect card for her. Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...