Saturday, December 31, 2011

Libra


When we came into the year 2011, I was considered a Libra. Who knows what I am now since they recalculated all of the signs. It doesn't really matter to me. I just needed a way to begin this post, LOL!

Reflecting on the year, I feel like I have very much neglected my colored pencils. Probably because it is way quicker to color with markers. So, I decided to end the year with a relaxing coloring session with a Terry Medaris Zodiac image, called "Libra". Guess I'd better figure out my new sign...reason to buy a new stamp, LOL!

I stamped "Libra" onto Strathmore Bristol smooth paper with Stazon Jet Black ink. I colored the image with Prismacolor pencils and Caran d'Ache pencils. When finished, I sprayed the image with workable fixative.

I framed the image with black cardstock, and then placed it onto a sheet of orangy-rust cardstock. I stamped some small stars (also included with this stamp of Terry's) with Versamark, just to add a subtle background. I paper pierced around this panel. I then framed this panel with black cardstock. The thing about working with a Terry Medaris image, I truly believe the image speaks for itself and needs very little if any embellishing or layers. I finished the card with a circle clip and a gold cord bow.

I wanted to thank you all for visiting my blog this year, and hope you will continue to follow my creative journey into the new year. I hope everyone has a 2012 that is filled with happiness, good health and love (regardless of your sign, LOL!)

4 comments:

Sassy Cheryl said...

Love it. Wonder if I'm stil a Scorpio?
Happy New Year Kexia!

Sue from Oregon said...

Wow Kecia...your were meant for pencils...Gorgeous!

Godelieve said...

Wow, your coloring is fabulous!
Beautiful card and image.

Happy new year!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh this is the coloring that you do that just takes my breath away Kecia. I love love your work! Wow. Happy New Year gf.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...