Friday, February 20, 2015

Warmest Wishes Sloopy

Kecia Waters

I know I vowed not to make any more cards with snow, but when I saw today's MIX108 Challenge on Splitcoast I just had to go back on my word.  I've also been quite inspired by Sloopy lately.  She has been going out in this arctic tundra to do her business, quite quickly.  Proud of her.

Here's how I made this card:

On a kraft base, I sponged white acrylic paint. I added a white cardstock strip for the snowy ground. I sponged more white acrylic paint onto a scrap piece of kraft, and with Versafine Onyx Black I stamped the birch trees from A Jillian Vance Design. I highlighted these trees a bit with Copic markers, then fussy cut.

The dachshund was made with a die from Poppy Stamps/Memory Box. I used some text from an old textbook and did some highlighting on the dachshund with a Copic marker. The slight shadows from the trees and dog were made with a Copic marker.

I sponged some Scattered Straw and Wild Honey Distress Inks onto the panel to create the sun. The sentiment is also from A Jillian Vance Design and was stamped with Versafine Onyx Black.

The scene was framed with black and white cardstocks.

Try to stay warm everyone!  I promise to quickly return to some spring/summer cards in an attempt to warm us up!



3 comments:

Katie Sims said...

Hee Hee......yes, it's amazing just how quickly dachshunds can take care of business when needed...lol. Our Baxie has been posting record times lately! ;). Your card is absolutely darling!

jkreucher said...

what a fun card! Love it!

Susie said...

Love the background with it's hazy sun trying so hard to break through. If we get any more snow, poor little sloopy may be nose deep. Darling card today.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...