Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Snow


Repeat Impressions Rock Star Joy Hadden challenged us to have some snow on our creations for the latest Designer's Choice Challenge.  You can read all about this challenge on the Repeat Impressions blog, The House That Stamps Built

I decided to just go ahead and spell the word "SNOW", with the snowman acting as the letter "O". 

I made this card by creating the background first.  On Georgia Pacific white cardstock, I place a torn Post-It note to create a mask for the snow-covered ground.  Using a brayer, I applied SeaShells Cloudy Blue dye ink and ColorBox Ice Blue chalk ink to create a basecoat.  I then sponged on Adirondack Sailboat Blue and Distress Ink Faded Jeans dye inks around the edges of the scene.  I painted the snowflakes with Copic Opaque White and removed the mask.

With my Cricut and the "George and Basic Shapes" cartridge, I cut out the letters of S-N-and-W using blue cardstock. I placed these letters onto the scene.  I then stamped the Repeat Impressions image of "Twig Hair Snowman" (2003-G) onto the scene with Marvy black dye.  I then stamped the image again onto X-Press It cardstock and colored with Copic markers.  I cut around the snowman with detailed scissors and placed it into the scene.

I framed the scene with black cardstock and patterned paper from Bo Bunny.
Be sure to visit the other Rock Stars. It truly is a winter wonderland on their blogs.
 Thanks so much for visiting my blog today!

5 comments:

Juliana said...

Beautiful and CUTE!
Your brayering technique is AWESOME! and that scarf on the snowdude is a wonderful echo of the background!
Love it!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

I love the backgrounds you've been making they are spectacular! Beautiful contrast, your snowman pops!

Lisa Lara said...

So adorable Kecia. I just love how you used the snowman.

joy said...

Amazing! I love the snowman as the letter O. You have really done a spectacular card!

Cheri said...

Hi Kecia,
I'm not sure if you got my comment earlier..so I'm going to try again....if you see it twice..your card is so worth double comments. This is a fabulous card for the snow challenge. I love the colors on the scarf...it pops the whole card. Fantastic!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...