Thursday, May 6, 2010

Graduation Blimp



As I continue the online class on sponging, I move into practicing creating a sky. This sky was created sponging around a cloud template with Memories Soft Baby Blue dye ink onto cardstock panel.

Once I had my sky, I thought this blimp image from Hampton Arts would be appropriate. I stamped this very cool customizable stamp onto Georgia Pacific cardstock with Marvy dye ink and colored with Copic markers. The stamp actually comes with a template, which allowed me to do the personalized message. The image was cut and placed onto the sky panel. The graduation cap image is a $1 stamp from Michaels. It too was stamped using Marvy dye ink and colored with Copic markers. I cut the caps and placed them on the sky panel below the blimp. They were adhered with Pop-dots. I drew some dotted lines in effort to make the hats look airborne.

Obviously, a friend of mine, affectionately known as "Big Josh", is graduating. I hope he likes his card.

1 comment:

Jenny Gropp said...

Nicely done on the sky!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...