Monday, June 12, 2017

In the Stamp Room, We Forget the Older Stamps

PSX, Kecia Waters, Copic markers, shells, seashells
It is kinda fun to take a very old stamp set that's been sitting on a shelf for years and bring it back to life again.  I should be doing more of that, instead of buying new.  All of these new releases that companies have make you feel like you must have the latest and greatest.  And I fall for that (just see the number of stamps I have).  But a part of me has the need to justify those stamps just sitting there...because they are way out dated according to industry.

This card features a stamp set by PSX.  Yes, I went that far back.  Wood mounted.  When I bought this stamp, I didn't know quite how to use it.  It was before Copics, and I was still in my head trying to figure out color...do you get color with the color of ink pad, LOL.  I struggled with that. 

So for this card, I inked the three shell stamp from PSX with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto X-Press It cardstock.  I added my own dotted sand across the card with a Memento Tuxedo Black marker because the image itself is not quite three inches wide.  I colored the scene with Copic markers, added some Spectrum Noir Crystal Clear Sparkle and a few glass beads.  A bit of white gel pen swirls tried to help the edge of the water.  The sentiment was stamped in Versafine Onyx Black, also from the long-gone PSX. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...