Monday, February 27, 2017

Moon and Back

AJVD, Kecia Waters, galaxy, moon, Kuretake Gansai Tambi, moon and back
If you have been following me long enough, you know how I love to make ocean scenes on my cards.  Now, I'm going to add something to my "I LOVE DOING THIS" list...Galaxy Backgrounds.  These types of cards seemed to fill my social media streams last week and I just had to try my hand at one.  LOVE!!!!

I made this using my Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolor set.  I simply added blues and purples to a panel of Ranger watercolor paper.  Over and over again.  Blotting with a paper towel.  Sometimes heat-setting.  The final layer of color was black watercolor, blotted with a paper towel.  The result?  This background.  LOVE!!! 

The sentiment is from A Jillian Vance Design, stamped in Hero Arts White Unicorn pigment ink and heat embossed with Simon Says Stamp white embossing powder.  The "moon" is a result of sponging a Ranger mini ink blending foam repeatedly with Brilliance Moonlight White pigment ink.  A few purple sequins were added, along with some dots of Copic White for the stars.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...