Sunday, January 12, 2014

Shell-don and Shell-y




These turtles are happily in love.  I bet they are going to have a wonderful upcoming Valentine's Day together, LOL.

To make this card, I stamped the DRS Designs image of "Shell'don the Turtle" onto X-Press It cardstock with Marvy black dye.  I colored the image with Copic markers and cut with my detailed scissors.  Then I had the idea to reverse stamp "Shell'don the Turtle" to create another turtle facing in the opposite direction.  Perhaps let's name the turtle couple, Shell'don and Shell'y.

I placed the turtles onto a scene I created by sponging clouds with Distress Ink Tumbled Glass.  I used a MFT die-namics to cut the grass from green cardstock.  The hearts coming from one of the turtles are actually part of the DRS Designs image "First Love Cutie Pie Kids".  The speech bubble was cut from a die from A Jillian Vance Design and the sentiment is from  DRS Designs "I Love You Greeting".  I framed the scene with black cardstock and mounted on a pink cardstock panel.

Enjoy what's left of the week.  Unlike these turtles, the weekend seems to fly right by, don't you think?

1 comment:

Sassy Raggedy said...

How sweet and such an adorable Valentines...Hugz, joann

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...