Friday, August 2, 2013

Toot























I colored this awesome Terry Medaris image called "Toot" with Prismacolor pencils in my makeshift studio:





































That's right.  I went to the beach (YAY! FINALLY!) but couldn't fathom not coloring for a whole week, so I packed my Prismacolor Pencils and some Terry Medaris rubber stamps and I was good to go.

I stamped "Toot" onto a piece of Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper with Stazon Jet Black ink.  I colored with Prismacolor pencils.  When I got home, I sprayed the image with a workable fixative.  Patterned paper from The Paper Studio, K & Company, and beige and black cardstock form the layers of this card.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts.  It was stamped with Marvy black dye ink onto white cardstock, and then sponged some Distress It Old Paper directly onto the paper.  A circle clip and orange rhinestone put the finishing touches onto this card.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today.  I sure wish the beach was my permanent studio...coloring *and* the beach...the ultimate relaxation.  (Sigh)

1 comment:

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

I saw your card on SplitCoast and I LOVE it and the image.

I have a question: You wrote: "I colored with Prismacolor pencils (no gamsol)."--I got that part-----But---"I sprayed the image with a workable fixative." I don't get---so: What is the "workable fixative"???? brand? where did you get it? do you have a tutorial?

I love how you image turned out

thank you--PS I love looking around your blog too

Diane
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...