Saturday, August 10, 2013

Promptness Challenged
























I wish the summer would just slow down a little bit, just like this adorable image from DRS Designs called "Shell'don the Turtle".  I don't know about you, but I'd like to poke around a bit more before school gets back in session.

I stamped "Shell'don the Turtle" with Marvy black dye ink onto Hammermill Digital Copy Cover paper (80 lb).  I colored him with Copic markers and cut around him using my detailed scissors.  Then, on a piece of white cardstock, using the negative of an oval die cut from Nestabilities, I sponged Distress Ink Tumbled Glass to make clouds and Adirondack Willow dye ink for the ground to give Shell'don a place to be.  I did a little colored pencil shading on the ground to create a little shadow.  I paper pierced the oval.  I pop-dotted Shell'don onto the scene.

I stamped a portion of the DRS Designs sentiment "Promptness Challenged Birthday Greeting" using Marvy black dye ink directly below the oval scene.  I framed the card with layers of black and lavender cardstock. 

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today!  Enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

Darling Kecia! Love your oval clouds too!

nwilliams6 said...

OM GOSH - I totally need this sentiment. What a fun card. I love it! Hugz!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...