Tuesday, July 9, 2013

All Ears





































It's Tuesday!  Which means it is time for another challenge on the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge Blog.  This week, the challenge is "Hats On"...which is to use a Sassy Cheryl's image with a hat.  That's easy to do, just take a look of all of the images available in Sassy Cheryl's store.

I decided to go with an expensive hat...mouse ears.  I remember as a child someone visited Disney World and brought me back personalized (big deal for a little girl named Kecia) ears.  I visited Disney World for the first time during high school and caught a glimpse at the price of such a hat...WHOA!

Anyway, for the challenge, I used the digital set "We're All Ears" from Sassy Cheryl's.  I printed Minnie Sally and the sentiment onto X-Press It cardstock.  I colored Minnie Sally with Copic markers.  Using the out-of-box technique, I cut the circle for the image with a Nestabilities die.  I framed it with black cardstock.  Then, I cut two smaller black circles with a Nestabilities die to form the mouse ears.

I placed the ears onto patterned paper from Queen & Co and framed the entire card with black cardstock.

I sure hope you'll play along in Sassy Cheryl's challenge.  Free digis are up for grabs, so get crafting!

Thanks for visting my blog.  If you don't see me again, I've been sued by Disney, LOL!


12 comments:

luvmycards.blogspot.com said...

So adorable Kecia! Love the framing!

Unknown said...

Kecia, I'll send you my address so you can send me this card, K? I love it! PS - If you get sues by Disney I'll send you cards while your in jail. :)

Judy McMullen said...

Absolutely adorable! Love all the mouse ears!!

Katie Sims said...

Kecia, I LOVE this layout and that darling image that you colored so perfectly! I just went to DW for the first time a couple of years ago...it doesn't matter how old you are, when you get there you feel like a child again! :)

Unknown said...

Wow wow Wowzers! Soooo special and imaginative card!!! Love how you put Sally on big mouse and I love how you did ears. Original!
Jasmina

Sassy Raggedy said...

PERFECT....I really love this wonderful image and your card is awesome...I LOVE IT.....Hugz, joann

Ann English said...

So stinking cute---great story, too! I was in my 40s before I got to Disney and I was wide eyed, mouth open! What a happy memory this card evokes! Darling!

Dawn said...

Just too cute!! Love the background ears and your coloring is fab!!
Growing up in So. Cal, I went to Disneyland quite a lot... oh the memories!!!

Sue from Oregon said...

Good Grief!!!! This is merrylicious Kecia! I just love this!!!

Turtle In The Sand said...

Love the bold design of this card. I have used this image so many times but this is my favorite. It simply says it all!

Cathy said...

Kecia, I love the card, Disney cards and always so fun and the colors are so special. You really did a beautiful job of creating a wonderful card showcasing Sassy Sally with her Special ears.

Pat said...

Oh Kecia! I couldn't agree more...Disney ears are expensive...and so are tickets to get into the theme park! haha! What a fabulous place...and what a fabulous card, my dear!! Love your coloring! Hugs. Pat Frank

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...