Monday, February 18, 2013

You're A Life-Saver!


A day off!   Woot!  I think I'll play at the Hambo Hoedown!

This week's challenge is to use a Hambo image on a CAS (Clean and Simple) card.

For my card, I stamped the Hambo image of "Lifeguard Stand" (3418) with Marvy black dye ink onto X-Press It cardstock.  I also stamped the Hambo sentiment "Life-Saver" (3406) with Marvy black dye ink onto the X-Press It cardstock panel.  I created a scene by coloring with Copic markers.  Flower Soft was added to appear like the water's foam.

I used a corner rounder punch on two corners, and then framed the image with black cardstock.  I placed it onto kraft.  Baker's Twine was added as a finishing touch.



Thank you so much for visiting my blog today.  Having the day off was a life-saver (as I am trying to get rid of a nasty cold), and this card makes me long for my summer off.  How many more months?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kecia- I am ready for summer too!! I am taking a day off today and agree it is a lifesaver!

i love this card. The sand, the foam... It 's all done so well, I can almost hear the Seagulls ;-). So glad to see you at the Hoedown!

Lyn

Sue from Oregon said...

What a great set of image and sentiment! Love your sandy beach! Your Disco Dude is quite a character too!!!

Melinda Gleissner said...

Wish you would teach a class in your background creating techniques. I'd love to be able to create these finishing touches. Love your beach scene.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...