Saturday, September 1, 2012

Long Awaited Game Day

The day has arrived!  The Urban Meyer era officially begins today at Ohio State.  As a fan, I'm looking forward to this new chapter in Ohio State football. The last one kind of ended rather poorly.  Who would have thought I'd ever be cheering for a guy that caused us the heartache in the desert back in January 2007? Things always have a funny way of working out, don't they?

To commemorate today, I made this Block O card.  For the base I used a jillian vance [die]sign from Spellbinders to create the Block O panel.  I used black and red cardstock.  I paper pierced around the red O and faux stitched with a colored pencil.  I then used the same [die]sign to create the Buckeye leaves from patterned paper from American Crafts.  I added a brown button for the buckeye, and tied some Buckeye Blend Divine Twine, which is also from a jillian vance.

The football player is a stamp from Rubbernecker Stamps. I stamped it with Marvy black dye ink onto X-Press It cardstock.  I colored it with Copic markers and cut around the image with my Cutterbee scissors. I then adhered it to the card.

I hope you all have a wonderful football Saturday.  And, just wanted to pass along...that we can all be winners this Labor Day weekend by scoring at the Labor Day sale at Rubbernecker Stamps. Don't miss it!  Wonderful papercrafting accessories at 25% off!


5 comments:

Cheryl L. said...

Great card!! It almost looks like a felt "O". I love the twine...that will go on my wish list!

Lisa Lara said...

I love your O with the football player Kecia.

Jenny Gropp said...

So smart with your ideas! Your school spirit is so fun incorporated in to your cards!

Sue from Oregon said...

Okay...I know this will work for Oregon Ducks too Kecia!!! May have to case this one for Chip LOL!

Juliana said...

What a WONDERFUL card--though it is missing some blue and maize and a block "M" *wink*
The coloring on that football player is VERY well done!

Great Card, Kecia!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...