Sunday, July 15, 2012

Jelly Good Fellow


(If you are here to join in the fun of Hambo's Birthday Hop for Judy, click here for my post.  You have until midnight tonight, so get hopping!)

Thought I'd share with you a card I made today.  I had a lot of fun with it, and of course, the Hambo sentiment just brings a smile to my face.

I started by stamping the Hambo image of "Jelly Fish" (3405) with Marvy black dye onto X-Press It cardstock.  I colored the image with Copic markers and then cut around the image with my Cutterbee scissors.

To create the bubble scene, I used a Nestabilities die to cut the circle from X-Press It cardstock.  I sponged the circle with Distress Ink Tumbled Glass.  I added the bubble texture with a Cuttlebug embossing folder.  I then framed the bubble with black cardstock that was also cut with a Nestabilities die.  I added white dots with a Uniball Signo white gel pen.  I then cut a smaller circle of X-Press It cardstock with a Nestabilities die and sponged with Distress Ink Tumbled Glass.  I added texture with a Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder.  I framed it with black cardstock cut with a Nestabilities die, and placed the jellyfish on top of this "bubble".  I added some torn kraft paper that was lightly sponged with Adirondack Latte dye ink to form the ocean floor.  I added some plantlife made from patterned paper from The Paper Studio.  It was cut with a Memory Box die.  With a paper punch I cut a star from patterned paper from American Crafts and placed it into the scene.  Three crystal beads were added to the scene to act as bubbles.

I placed the circle scene onto a panel of patterned paper from American Crafts. I paper pierced around this panel and faux stitched.  Baker's Twine was wrapped around this panel, and a clear button was tied with the twine.

The sentiment panel was cut with a Nestabilities die and was lightly sponged with Distress Ink Tumbled glass.  The hysterical sentiment is from Hambo Stamps and is called "Jelly Good Fellow" (3410).  It was stamped using Versafine Onyx Black.



So glad you visited my blog today!  I hope this card put a smile on your face too.

2 comments:

Ellen Taylor said...

Glad I popped in Kecia! Your card made me smile!! Have a wonderful monday!!

Judy Rozema said...

So incredibly cute! Love the texture and that little ocean floor!! Adorable!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...