Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Red Roses



Yesterday, I was responsible for the post on the Stampin' Sisterhood blog for Rubbernecker. In case you didn't see it, I thought I'd give you the gist of what I posted there. But, do promise me you'll check out the Stampin' Sisterhood blog often, because lots of fun things happen there throughout the week.

I spent all of Monday watching the Rose Parade and all of the college bowl games on television. In 1997, I was fortunate enough to see the Rose Parade and Rose Bowl in person. It totally raised my appreciation for all of the hard work that takes place in Pasadena each and every New Year Year. The one thing that I vividly remember about the experience that you can't get from television is that you can actually smell the floats as they passed by the crowds. I was fascinated by this, and each and every year since, I fondly remember my time in Pasadena. I do hope I get to go again someday.

Because of this, I was inspired to get out my Rubbernecker stain glass image of "Rose" (SKU: 223-03). I stamped this awesome image with Marvy black dye ink onto X-Press it cardstock. I colored it with Copic markers. I then stamped the image again using Stazon Jet Black ink onto a piece of acetate. On the reversed side of where the image was stamped, I added some highlights with Copic markers. I merged the two together and secured them together with adhesive, so that it appears more like stained glass. I framed the image with black cardstock.

I then placed the image panel onto a sheet of black and silver patterned metallic paper (I have no idea who makes this, I've hoarded it for years!) and then framed the card with another piece of black cardstock. A sheer black ribbon and two black brads complete the card.


Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today. I have another card in mind celebrating a float I saw when I was watching the Rose Parade. Stay tuned and be patient, because I am back to my day job after two weeks off.

3 comments:

Jenny Gropp said...

This is beautiful and I bet even better in person so you can see the acetate and the stained glass window effect. Back to work for you .....Bummer!

Francie G. said...

This is gorgeous! Fabulous coloring! Happy New Year!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh this is so striking Kecia with the black and white. Wow.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...