Thursday, December 29, 2011

Texting SNOW



Hope you don't mind another card with Rubbernecker's "Zac" (SKU 596-01) on it. He is a cutie, after all.

I got the idea from two actual Christmas cards I received this holiday season...both which were long, tall cards that spelled the word "SNOW" on them. One of the cards used a snowman for the letter "O". So, I guess you can say I am CASE-ing my mail now.

To make this card, I stamped the image of Zac onto a piece of Neenah Classic Crest Solar White cardstock with Marvy black dye. I colored the image with Copic markers. Then, I proceeded to color over Zac and his bird friends with a Versamarker and used clear embossing powder to heat emboss over the image. This created a mask.

I then proceeded to brayer the following dye inks onto the cardstock to create the sky and horizon line (which was made with a torn Post-It note): SeaShells Seashell Pink, Vivid Bermuda Blue, Adirondack Sail Boat Blue, and Adirondack Stonewashed. I added some Crystal Stickles at the horizon line. I then sprayed the entire card with Tsukineko's Frost Sheer Shimmer Spritz.

With my Cricut and the "George and Basic Shapes" cartridge, I cut out the letters of S-N-and-W using blue cardstock. I placed these letters onto the scene, spelling "SNOW", allowing Zac to be the letter "O".

Using Copic Opaque White and a paint brush, I added snowflakes to the scene, and painted some fallen snow on the letters. The card is frame with white and blue cardstock.

A sheer white ribbon and a snowflake brad complete the card.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today. I have another card in my mind using Zac...and so I'm thinking why put away these inks and the image before I make it? Check back real soon...providing that I pull it off, it will be my warped sense of humor at work again.

3 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

I think Zac will certainly have a following! Can't wait to see where else he shows up!

Sassy Cheryl said...

How beautiful! Love, love, love the colors!

Lisa Lara said...

Major cuteness going on here. Love this with the snowman in place of the o.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...