Friday, December 23, 2011

Season's Greetings



In this post, you will see two cards, one being a blooper.

Let's start with the one that is passable first:



The images used on this card are digital stamps from Kaye Winiecki at The Lily Pad. I printed the tree multiple times and the presents onto X-Press It cardstock. I colored the images with Copic markers, and added some sparkle with Crystal Stickles. The tree is pop-dotted for dimension.

I placed tree and the presents onto a piece of torn white cardstock that was sprayed with Tsukineko's Frost Sheer Shimmer Spritz. The "snow" was then placed on a piece of patterned paper from The Paper Studio. A punch rounded the corners, and the scene was placed onto a white piece of cardstock that was dry-embossed with a Cuttlebug folder.

The sentiment is from Hero Arts and was stamped with Versafine Onyx Black ink. A sheer ribbon and a snowflake brad complete the card.

And now, for the blooper...(I'm sharing because I think it is passable to the untrained eye):



Very similar to the above card...all images from Kaye Winiecki at The Lily Pad. They too were printed on X-Press It cardstock and colored with Copic markers and highlighted with Crystal Stickles.

The "snow" is simply torn cardstock sprayed with Tsukineko's Frost Sheer Shimmer Spritz and is placed on patterned paper by The Paper Studio.

The sentiment is from Anna Wight's Cling Mount Set "Got Mistletoe" from Whipper Snapper Designs. This was stamped with Versafine Onxy Black ink.

The problem with this card is in the tree construction. When I was pop-dotting for dimension, I accidentally made the tree wider/fuller at the top than at the bottom. But, I thought I'd share anyway. ;-)

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog on during this very busy time of year. I do so much appreciate it. Season's Greetings to you and yours.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...