Monday, October 24, 2011

Pretty in Pink



It's Monday. This week, the Outlines Challenge Blog is challenging us to use the color pink in our creations. I hope you have the change to play along because one lucky participant will win a $25 gift certificate from Outlines Rubber Stamps. Who wouldn't be tickled pink with that?!



Since it is October and I'm thinking about the color of pink, my mind immediately went to Breast Cancer Awareness. I stamped "Support Bird" (F-1118) from Outlines Rubber Stamps onto X-Press It cardstock using Marvy black dye ink, two times so I could achieve some dimension on the bird's wing and the support ribbon. I colored the image with Copic markers. Some accents of Stickles and pearls from an Ice White Viva Pearl Pen were added. I cut around the image with my Cutterbee scissors. The wing and the support ribbon were raised using Pop-Dots.

The sentiment is also from the Outlines Rubber Stamp Company. It is from "Posy Winter Greetings" (F-1124). It too is stamped with Marvy black dye ink onto X-Press It cardstock. I colored it with Copic markers. Some Stickle highlights were added. I thought the "Believe" sentiment went well with the main image.

Nestabilities dies were used to cut the circle and the lacey circle, using pink cardstock and patterned paper (unknown source, sorry...it was a scrap). I paper pierced around the circle. The large square panel is patterned paper from 7 Gypsies, and it too was paper pierced and framed using pink cardstock.

A sheer white ribbon puts the finishing touches on the card.



Make sure you go see the AMAZING creations of the Outlines Design Team. They are delightful, as always.

Jeanne Streiff
Jenny Gropp
Lisa Silver
Robin Kirkpatrick
Sandy Hulsart
Sue Kment

I sure hope you can play along with us this week. Thanks so much for visiting my blog today!

5 comments:

Jenny Gropp said...

A wonderful card, Kecia! Expert coloring and shading... I sound like a broken record, I know... but it's always true! Love that you paired the Believe with the Support Bird --- such a fab card for this month. AND HOW do you get your piercings so even around a circle???

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Also love this card and stamp ! I'm getting ready to use the same one for Christmas cards, but love the tie with pink and support for eliminating breast cancer ! The colouring is beautiful !

Lisa Lara said...

This is spectacular Kecia. Think I saw it on SCS and left you a comment. Or I dreamed it? I love it.

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Really pretty, Kecia. Great coloring and Jenny's right - your piercing is phenomenal!

Lisa Silver said...

Fabulous card! I just love the soft layers of pink. Perfect!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...