Thursday, October 27, 2011

Fly By


A "fly by" post, if you will.

I wanted to share with you a Halloween card I made using some images from Rubbernecker Stamps.

First, before stamping anything, I brayered the following dye inks onto a piece of Neenah Classic Crest Solar White cardstock: SeaShells Seashell Pink, Vivid Raspberry, and Vivid Lavender, using a punched circle from a Post-It note to mask an area for the moon. Once brayered in pinks/purples, I used the negative of the Post-It note circle to sponge some SeaShells Conch Shell and Adirondack Sunshine Yellow dye inks to make the moon.

Then, I stamped "Witch Silhouette" (SKU:473-04) and sentiment from Halloween Set 1 (SKU:473), both from Rubbernecker, with Versafine Black Onyx Pigment ink. I framed the sky panel with black cardstock. Then, I placed the panel onto some white cardstock and stamped a tree from Rubbernecker's Kittie's Kit "Fall Harvest" (KKCS: S009)also using the Versafine Black Onyx. The card was then framed with black cardstock.

A sheer black ribbon puts the finishing touches on this card.

I'm sure the upcoming weekend will just "fly by" as it always does. Enjoy it.

3 comments:

Paper Creations by Shirley said...

Hi Kecia
I love this card and the cool background with the moon. I've been experimenting with 'scenery' backgrounds so appreciate the instructions ! Also, thanks for visiting my blog and your kind words, Shirley

Lisa Lara said...

Wow Wow wow Kecia. Oh Wow. I love your sponging. Love it. Just love this card and your trees at the bottom!

Jenny Gropp said...

I LOVE it!!! Everything about it is perfection!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...