Thursday, August 18, 2011

Helika



This is a card I made nearly two weeks ago for one of the Dare to Get Dirty challenges on Splitcoast, but haven't had a chance to share it yet on my blog. (Gee, that back-to-school stuff really gets in the way stamping and blogging).

To make this card, I stamped the image of Helika, from the 2010 Rubbernecker African American release with Marvy Black dye ink onto X-Press It cardstock. I colored it with Copic markers, and then proceeded to cut around the image with my Cutter-bee scissors.

To make the sun, I sponged Adirondack Sunshine Yellow dye ink and Adirondack Butterscotch dye ink onto a circle that was cut using a Nestabilities die.

Patterned paper from Doodlebug Design and My Minds Eye were used to form the layout of this card, along with a pale yellow cardstock. I paper pierced around the layers, added gold sheer ribbon and some gold brads.

The sentiment is also from Rubbernecker Stamps, the 2011 release of Old Characters.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today. Stay tuned because I have a couple other cards just waiting to be shared, along with some new cards in progress.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...