Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Boo Shoes



Some of the more fun cards to make are Halloween cards. The colors and images are right up my alley. This rings true especially for this card, where I used a new Halloween image from Terry Medaris Art Stamps. Have you seen his newest release? They are too fun!

This particular Terry Medaris image is called "Boo Shoes". I stamped it using Stazon Jet Black onto Hewlett Packard Color Inkjet paper (24 Pound, Uncoated, 96-Plus Brightness). I colored the image with Prismacolor pencils. I learned from Terry in one of his classes that such inkjet paper is an option for Prismacolor work, and it totally works fine when making cards if you layer the paper onto cardstock.

I cut the image panel using a Nestabilities die. I did some sponging around the panel using Distress Ink Wild Honey and did some paper piercing. I framed the panel with black cardstock. Patterned paper from Lasting Impressions and PJK Designs make up the layout of this card, along with black cardstock.

The sentiment is from My Favorite Things. Baker's Twine and orange rhinestones put the finishing touches on this card.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today. Your comments have been so "boo-tiful" lately and I want you to know they are much appreciated.


1 comment:

Lisa Lara said...

I love Halloween Kecia. This is awesome. Love the design and colors! Awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...