Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Calla Lily Sparkling Color Block



I had a chance to play along with Monday's Try A New Technique Challenge #334 on Splitcoast. The challenge was to Color Block, with a Twist. For my color block, I put Distress Ink Spun Sugar dye ink onto an acrylic block. For the twist, I sprayed the block with Tsukineko's Sheer Shimmer Mist. Then, I stamped the acrylic block onto Neenah Crest Solar White cardstock. I framed this with black cardstock.

The cally lilies image is from the 2010 Floral release from Rubbernecker Stamps, and the Thinking of You sentiment is from the 2011 Friends release. I stamped the calla lilies onto Neenah Crest Solar White cardstock with Marvy Black dye ink. I colored them with Copic markers. Carefully I cut around the flowers, and pop-dotted portions of the image. The sentiment was stamped directly onto the color block. A sheer white ribbon was attached to the color block panel. Textured white paper and more black cardstock frame the card.

I love calla lilies. Such a reminder of the beautiful wedding we had last summer.

I'm so glad you stopped by my blog today.

3 comments:

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Wow, Wow, Wow! This is so classy and beautiful, Kecia!!!

Lisa Lara said...

Oh is this ever gorgeous Kecia. Love your beautifully colored image in the corner.

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is so pretty, Kecia! We had callas at our wedding, too! Love it!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...