Saturday, March 5, 2011

Happy 40 Years and 45 Days



Finally. I am healthy. My husband is healthy. We have been absolutely plagued by germs for the past month and a half. Chris turned the Big 4-0 back in January, and we are FINALLY both healthy enough to FINALLY celebrate. So long overdue.

I decided to do a German theme for his birthday. Mainly because of the little German in our life...the Sloopy Dog.

The image for this card comes from Kenny K Downloads. It is called "Hot Diggity". It was a freebie way back in August, and I've been looking so forward to coloring it. I printed it onto X-Press It cardstock and colored the image with Copic markers. Patterned paper from Lasting Impressions and black cardstock form the layout for this card. I really wanted this adorable image to take center stage and not be cluttered.

The sentiment was computer-generated. It is a German phrase which means "Hot Dog". A circle punch cut around the sentiment and a scalloped circle punch formed a border around the sentiment, highlighted with white gel pen dots. The finishing touch is a white dog bone clip.

And, as a special bonus...Would you like to see the cake I made? Recipe from the book "What's New Cupcake?"



Alles Gute zum Geburtstag, Chris!

2 comments:

Sassy Cheryl said...

Super cute and yippee for the germs being gone!

Chris said...

A wonderful card Kecia and the cake is amazing too! Glad you're getting over the bug you've both had, I know how that is, I've been the same since Christmas! Happy belated Birthday to Chris. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...