Monday, February 28, 2011

Picket Fence



Ugh! What a month. Visited by strep throat at the beginning of the month, only to be concluded with bronchitis at the end of the month. I am so sorry I haven't been posting much lately. Looking so forward to a much more productive, healthier March.

I did finally feel like playing in a challenge (it really is bad when the thought of coloring is exhausting). I created this card for The Shabby Tea Room Challenge #51, which The Stamping Boutique is proudly sponsoring this week. The challenge is to get inspiration from this photo, of which I took the colors red, black, cream (and the gingham).



The digital image is a new spring image from The Stamping Boutique and is called "Picket Fence". I printed it onto X-Press It cardstock and then colored with Copic markers. On the fence, I added some white gel pen highlights to attempt to make the fence appear more wood-like, adding texture. Red Stickles add a little sparkle to the flowers. Patterned paper from Lasting Impressions form the framed panels for this card. Red gingham ribbon and black brads put the finishing touches on this card.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog today. Stay tuned. More energy should mean more cards.

4 comments:

Heide said...

Kecia,
This turned out so cute. I love your coloring the one of my favorite images from TSB. Perfect Bg papers too.

Sassy Cheryl said...

Who would've thought that a picket fence could be so gorgeous! LOVE IT!!!!

Melissa Bove said...

This is beautiful!!Love that gorgeous image! Thank you so much for joining us this week at The Shabby Tea Room!

Hugs...
Melissa
TSTR Designer

Debbie said...

What a pretty card ... that picket fence image is so lovely! So happy to hear you're on the mend. Thanks for sharing your design with us this week in the Tea Room :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...