Monday, January 3, 2011

Orange Drink


So, I guess you can call this the BCS, or the Bowl "Card" Series. A couple of days ago, I featured the Rose, today I have the Orange, tomorrow will be the Sugar, and next week I'll try and post the Fiesta. LOL. Seriously, I can do it, because I collect stamps with those themes because of my Buckeyes. Though, I tell you, not feeling too very sweet this year, due to the OSU tat-Five.

Actually, I made this card last spring and forgot to photo it and share it until today. I guess that's what planning a wedding will do to you. But, it works out nicely for the my little BCS thing, so all is well.

The main image is a Penny Black image, called "Make Lemonade", which I obviously ignored and chose orange. I stamped it with Marvy black dye ink onto coated paper (which I desperately need to get more of, as I am out), and colored the image with Copic markers. I love to color fur on coated paper with Copics. Almost a watercolor effect. The oranges are from PSX and were stamped onto Georgia Pacific cardstock and also colored with Copic markers. I cut these images out with Cutterbee scissors and arranged onto the card. Panels using orange cardstock, white cardstock and patterned paper from Making Memories help create the panels for this card. A Cuttlebug embossing folder was also used for some texture, along with some faux stitching from a white gel pen. A sheer white ribbon completes the card.

Now, off to watch the Orange Bowl. Sugar Bowl/Card tomorrow.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

2 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Sweet card- cute image. Love your coloring

Sue from Oregon said...

How very fun and a neat concept. I will be watching for the next one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...