Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Traditional Red and Green



Seems as though I have been reaching for the color pink a lot lately as I've been making holiday cards. I thought I might go a little more traditional with my colors on this holiday creation.

I used Anna Wight's "For the Love of Snowmen" and "Got Mistletoe?", two new sets from Whipper Snapper Designs to create this particular card.



I stamped the snowman image onto Neenah Solar White cardstock. I colored the image with Copic markers. I then used a Versamarker over the image and added clear embossing powder and heat set to create a protective resist. Then I stamped some snowflakes onto the image panel with Versamark and added Judikins White Diamonds embossing powder and heat set. I sponged Distress Ink Peeled Paint onto the panel to create the background. I used a punch to round the corners of this image panel.

Black cardstock frames the panels of these cards, made from kraft cardstock and patterned paper from Making Memories.

The sentiment is from "Got Mistletoe?" and was stamped with Versafine Onyx Black ink. A ribbon was added put the finishing touches on what I hope is a traditional looking card.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today. I hope all of you are having a very pleasant week.



1 comment:

Sassy Cheryl said...

Oh, I LOVE the traditional red and green. It's perfect!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...