Saturday, December 25, 2010

2010 Christmas Card


Merry Christmas!!!

I must apologize for my lack of blogging this month. As I last shared, I was going to be making Christmas cards. Sounds time-consuming, though easy, huh? Well, let's just say I totally got stuck, frustrated and the stamp that I thought that I was going to use, just wasn't working. I kept coloring it and it looked like one of my Kindergarten students had colored it. So, I formed a plan B, which required me to order a stamp online...which took 13 days to arrive after I ordered it. I panicked, couldn't do the image justice when it did arrive with the impending holiday deadline (and a sinus infection that made me so tired that coloring seemed like an Olympic sport)...so, I tucked it away for next year's Christmas card (barring a Buckeye card...WHICH I DOUBT IS GOING TO BE NEEDED NOW!!! I AM LIVID OVER THE SITUATION! KICK THEM OFF THE TEAM *NOW*....GOOD RIDDANCE).

So on this past Sunday and Monday, I made 30 of these cards. Very little stamping, but I like the end result. I used a Cottage Cutz die to cut this adorable dachshund from brownish-red cardstock and dressed him up in some warm winter wear with some patterned paper from Hot Off The Press. I then sponged some Marvy dark brown dye ink on the ear and around the Nestabilities cut kraft paper. Patterned paper from Hot Off the Press was used for the panel. Sheer brown ribbon was added to the card, along with a sentiment from My Favorite Things, stamped with Versafine Vintage Sepia Pigment ink.

This card was Sloopy approved, so I hope you all approve too.

I want to thank all of you for sticking with me and visiting my blog. Now that I have some time off, I should be posting more regularly.

And, speaking of Sloopy, I thought you all might like to see the little girl kissing up to Santa. Hope Santa was as good to you as he was to her. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...