Monday, November 1, 2010

Proud to be a Featured Sassy!



Imagine my complete surprise when Cheryl Alger of Sassy Cheryl's contacted me to ask if I would be her first Guest Card Designer featured on her blog. I did not hesitate a moment with my response...an emphatic YES!!!!!

I ADORE Sassy Cheryl's images. They are EXACTLY my style. They are cute, whimsical, and because they are digital, they can be enlarged. You all know how I like to color large, open spaces. I think Sassy Cheryl's images show great emotion and attitude, and she is able to convey motion and movement on a two dimensional image. How on earth she creates these "must have" images, image after image is beyond me. I'm just glad she does and that she shares them with the paper crafting world.

The card I created to be featured on her blog is a shape card. This is my first shape card ever, so I know I am taking a risk here. But, I do think I like the way it turned out and that I'll be making some more shape cards in the future.

I decided to pair the Sassy Cheryl's image, "The Sassy Artist", with the shape of an artist's palette.

To make this artist's palette shaped card, I drew the palette image onto a folded sheet of white cardstock, making sure the top of the palette was up against the paper fold. I then proceeded to cut the palette image out. I traced my palette onto a second sheet of Georgia Pacific cardstock and cut the image out again. I drew a small oval on the palette and cut this oval from the palette. I colored the palette with Copic markers, attempting to make it appear as a wooden palette. From there, I dabbed some various colors of acrylic paint onto the palette. When dry, I affixed the paintbrushes with a gold ribbon to the palette, and also placed the darling image from Sassy Cheryl's. I colored the image with Copic markers.

Thank you so much, Cheryl, for featuring me on your blog. You made my season, LOL!

11 comments:

Sassy Cheryl said...

Kecia. . .So THRILLED to have you as my first Guest Designer! This palette card is amazing!

Myzdamena said...

Woohoooo hello :)

Saw your stuff on Cheryl's blog and had to pop over here to see more Kecia Greatness! :)

You really are a talented bod and I look forward to seeing more of your work... maybe some of your talent may rub off on me! A girl can dream.... lol

*hugs*

xxxx

jkreucher said...

I agree with Cheryl! Lovin the palette shape. Great creativity, and wonderful colors..
Congrats on being the first guest designer!
Happy for you!
Hugs
Judy

Dawn said...

just too stinkin cute! congrats on being featured!

Ann English said...

WOW! This is terrific! I love your work. Congrats on being the very first featured designer!

Jeni said...

Congrats Kecia! You make such lovely cards ~jeni :)

Janetlynne said...

Your card is adorable....BTW Congrats

The Wired Angel said...

Congrats to you, Kecia. Very creative card. I enjoy seeing your talent.

Cathy said...

Kecia, I love your style and Cheryl has picked a real winner for her first Featured Designer. Congratulations,

Candy said...

Hi Kecia,
So nice to meet you!!
This is an awesome card! What a great idea and the pallette looks just like wood :o)
Love your work and am coming back to study more of it.
You certainly deserve to be the Featured Artist at Sassy Cheryl's !!!!
Hugs, Candy

Cathy said...

Kecia, didn't realize this was your challenge card LOL Wonderful creation. Thanks for playing the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge and good luck to you!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...