Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Happy Sun, Moon and Stars



My color pencils were feeling a bit neglected, so I grabbed a Terry Medaris image from my stamp collection. Terry's images never fail to inspire me.

I stamped the Terry Medaris image with Stazon Jet Black onto Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper. I colored the image with Prismacolor pencils and sprayed with workable fixative. I tried to mimic Terry's coloring on his coloring book sample, because the man is a color genius. I then used the current Sketch For You To Try, SFYTT091110, for the layout. The panels were all made with various patterned paper scraps and I did some paper piercing as well.

So glad you stopped by my blog today. Wishing you a Happy Sun, Moon and Stars.

1 comment:

Paper, Ink, Color! said...

Hi Kecia, this is a great card. Love your coloring, just beautiful! BTW, on my current blog candy, can you add your name to Inlinkz instead of leaving a comment. I will be picking a winner based on the Inlinkz entries instead. Sorry about that!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...