Monday, August 16, 2010

School Days are Coming



Is Back-to-School a holiday worthy of a card? As a teacher who loves her summer, I'm not really celebrating the whole concept. However when I saw this adorable digital image from Michelle Perkett Studio, I couldn't resist whipping up a card with it.

I printed the image called "Mary Margaret" onto Georgia Pacific cardstock. I colored it with Copic markers. The card has several panels made from patterned paper scraps from Christmas and red cardstock, though I don't think the card has a Christmas feel to it, do you? I used a snippet from a Back-to-School ribbon and attached it with a circle clip. Three red brads were used for a little embellishment. The ribbon is acting as the sentiment, which fits the SCS Try a Technique Challenge, TLC286, which is to use ribbon without tying a bow or knot.

Now, back to summer. No need at all to rush things.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...