Friday, August 13, 2010

Birthday Cake...Mmm, Mmm, Good!


Here's a birthday card for the stash. Can never have enough birthday cards in the stash, can you? Let me tell you how it came to be.

Now that the wedding is over, I'm finding more time to surf the web. Perhaps I've been under a rock or something, but I just discovered another addicting ning site...this one called Crafter's Digital Art Center which features the use of digital stamps. How cool is that? Anyway, I joined the talented Michelle Perkett's group and learned that right now she is having a Design Team call and wants all interested to submit a project using this adorable cake image and sentiment. What an absolute blast and honor that would be to color her intricate images, so I immediately began creating. Here's the result.

I printed the Michelle Perkett cake image onto Georgia Pacific cardstock and colored it with Copic markers. I then proceeded to cut it out. I painted some Diamond Glaze onto the "chocolate frosting" and sprinkled a little Hot Kiss Art Institute glitter to give it some sparkle. I used a Nestabilities die cut and sponged around the die with SeaShells Seashell pink dye ink. I then adhered the cake image onto this die. I printed the sentiment onto ink jet shrink plastic and shrank. Love the texture this gave the card. Various patterned paper panels and curly ribbon were used to complete this card.

Thanks so much for visiting today. Though it is Friday the 13th, I'm hoping I'll have a little luck with this card.

3 comments:

Marilyn Webb said...

Wow Kecia, what a gorgeous card, that bow is awesome!! Love the idea with the shrink plastic, have to give it a go sometime. Good Luck on the DT call.
hugs Marilyn

Michelle said...

Kecia, this is such a beautiful birthday card!! I love the chocolate frosting, your pretty papers and your pink curling ribbon!! Thank you so much for such a lovely card and for applying for my DT!!:)

Hugs,

Michelle

JenMarie said...

Oh wow, love that ribbon on there!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...