Sunday, July 18, 2010

Rockin' Hound Dog



My dachshund, Sloopy, found herself in need of a birthday card for her best friend, the Gracie Dog. So, she asked me if I could help her out with this. I'm always happy to make a card for someone as long as they give me an advanced notice, and Sloopy always does. She's pretty on top of things, unlike me.

The dachshund image is from Cowtown Stamps. I stamped it with Marvy dye black ink onto Georgia Pacific cardstock. I colored it with Copic markers and then cut it out and placed it onto an embossed Nestabilities oval that I sponged using the following dye inks: SeaShells Conch Shell, SeaShells Peach Bellini, Distress Ink Mustard Seed, and Adirondack Sunset Orange.

The musical notes were cut using my Cricut and embossed with a Cuttlebug folder. Little dog paw embellishments were added to the notes. The sentiment is from Stampendous.

Patterned paper layers were also used to complete this card.

This card fits the SCS Dare to Get Dirty Challenge,DTGD10AmberDawn01, which was to get in touch with texture.

I hope the Gracie Dog likes her card. Sloopy seems to approve.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...