Sunday, May 9, 2010

Some Dough For You



It is Mother's Day today and I thought I would share the card I made for my Mom. She and I have had an understanding for years about what she truly wants and uses...CASH. So, for holidays, I don't have to spend hours shopping trying to figure out the perfect gift. I simply go to the ATM, get some cash and she can buy for herself what she wants.

So, when I took a look at this chef from Whipper Snapper, I thought it would be clever to use it with a computer-generated sentiment "Some Dough For You".

The image from Whipper Snapper was stamped using Marvy dye black ink and cut out from Georgia Pacific cardstock once colored with Copic markers. I placed it on a sponged gradient panel (another assignment from the online class) cut and embossed from a rectangle Nestabilies die. Inks I used to sponge the panel include: SeaShells Conch Shell, Distress Ink Mustard, Adirondack Butterscotch dye, Adirondack Willow dye, Adirondack Lettuce dye, and Adirondack Oregano dye. A white gel pen was used to faux stitch. White brads and patterned paper where also used to complete this card.

In a few days, my Mom will let me know what she bought with her "dough."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...