Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Singing Cactus




I cannot resist Southwest images, especially cacti. So, when I saw this singing cactus from Sparkle-N-Sprinkle stamps at Stampaway a couple years ago, I had to have it.

The panel was sponged with various inks to create a desert sunset. I sponged SeaShells Conch Shell dye, Adirondack Sunshine Yellow dye, Adirondack Sunset Orange dye, Marvy English Red dye, and Memories Soft Baby Blue dye onto Georgia Pacific cardstock. I circle punch was used to make a mask, both positive and negative, that allowed me to make the sun. The ground is simply torn beige cardstock that was sponged with Adirondack Latte dye ink, and Vivid Taupe ink. The faint cactus shadow was made using Prismacolor pencils.

The cactus is stamped onto Georgia Pacific cardstock with Marvy dye black ink and colored with Copic markers. It was cut and placed onto the desert scene. The sentiment is from My Favorite Things.

I'm thinking of using this as another retirement card.

Thanks so much for visiting. I have a few more sponging assignments to finish, so stay tuned.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...